This section is dedicated to fixing the ills
and problems with our public education system and in lauding and praising
efforts to improve it that are effective.
POEM ON GUN CONTROL AND PRAYER IN THE SCHOOLS:
Your laws ignore our deepest needs
Your words are empty air
You've stripped away our heritage
You've outlawed simple prayer
Now gunshots fill our classrooms
And precious children die
You seek for answers everywhere
And ask the question "Why"
You regulate restrictive laws
Through legislative creed
And yet you fail to understand
That God is what we need!
- Education Channel (OFFSITE LINK) -Townhall
- Gender Gap: Boys Lagging-CBS
News 60 Minutes special report
- Playlist: Ken Robinson: 10 talks on Education (OFFSITE LINKS) - TED
- Playlist: Talks from inspiring teachers (OFFSITE LINKS) - TED
- Playlist: Talks for when you wish you could go back to college (OFFSITE LINKS) - TED
- Playlist: The imporance of educating girls (OFFSITE LINKS) - TED
- Playlist: The love of lifelong learning (OFFSITE LINKS) - TED
- Why Open a School? To close a prison (OFFSITE LINKS) - TED
Education-TrueNews Issues Library
Should Schools Teach Values?-Antisyster Magazine
- Bill Gates Speech--How
our educational system has set our kids up for failure in real life.
This may be the reason why European schools have apprenticeship
programs at the high school level!
- Don't Go to College. YES Really (OFFSITE LINK) - Stefan Molyneux
- Corruption of Educational System Playlist (OFFSITE LINK) - SEDM
- Every High School Principal Should Say This (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- History of Corruption in our Education System (OFFSITE LINK) - Tragedy and Hope
- Why Are Colleges Filled With Liberals (OFFSITE LINK) - Stefan Molyneux
- The Speech Every 2015 College Grad Needs to Hear (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- What Every Graduate Should Know (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Education for Whom and For What? (OFFSITE LINK) - Noam Chomsky
- You Don't Know What You Don't Know (OFFSITE LINK) - Noam Chomsky
- Pedagogy of the Oppressed (OFFSITE LINK) - Noam Chomsky
- Stupid In School (OFFSITE LINK) - John Stossel
- Falling Grades:
How Education Unions Ruined the Public Schools-American Spectator
- Bushwhacking Johnny-how
cognitive dissonance is used in the public schools to brainwash
children to be immoral
- Deliberate Dumbing
Down of America-book about education reform
- Socialist Public
Schools or Home Schooling?-Nancy Levant
- We Be Dumb-Alfred Adask, Suspicions Magazine. Stupid practices
of public schools
- Why Schools Teach Socialism-Alfred Adask, Suspicions Magazine
- The Least Free Place in America (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Teachers Unions v. Students (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Game of Loans (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Your Government: Education (OFFSITE LINK) - Bill Whittle Channel
- The Road to Hell (OFFSITE LINK) - Truth Revolt Originals
- Who Killed the Liberal Arts? (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- How the Liberal University Hurts the Liberal Student (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Teachers Unions v. Students (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- What is the University Diversity Scam? (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- The War On Boys (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Why Is Modern Art So Bad? (OFFSITE LINK) - Prager University
- Jan Irvin: Dumbing Down of Society with Alex Jones (OFFSITE LINK) - Tragedy and Hope
- A Prison By Any Other Name (OFFSITE LINK) - Josie the Outlaw
- The Need for Edumacation (OFFSITE LINK) - Larken Rose
- Deliberate Dumbing Down of America-Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt
- Khan Academy (OFFSITE LINKS)– Watch thousands of micro-lectures on topics ranging from history and medicine to chemistry and computer science.
- TED Talks (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube science and technology channel
- MIT OpenCourseware (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube science and technology channel
- SciShow (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube science channel
- BigThink (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube philosophy channel
- Big Classes (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube IT training
- How Stuff Works? – More scientific lessons and explanations than you could sort through in an entire year.
- Harvard Medical School Open Courseware The mission of the Harvard Medical School Open Courseware Initiative is to exchange knowledge from the Harvard community of scholars to other academic institutions, prospective students, and the general public.
- VideoLectures.NET – the title says it all – amazing video lectures on many topics.
SEDM Liberty University -learn about freedom
and Freedom Page - Family Guardian
- Liberty Pen (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube freedom channel
- Learn Liberty (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube freedom channel
Law -Bob Minarik
- Mises – The best economics education that money can buy….for free (also look them up on youtube)
- Liberty Classroom – Owned by bestselling author Tom Woods. Offers some free courses in history and economics, but at the price of one movie ticket a month you can gain access to a lot of useful information. Not completely free, but totally worth it…
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)- Wikipedia
- mooc.org (OFFSITE LINK)
- Academic Earth
(OFFSITE LINK)– Free video lectures from the world’s top scholars.31. American Sign Language Browser – Teach yourself sign language online
- ALISON – over 60 million lessons and records 1.2 million unique visitors per month
- BBC Languages
(OFFSITE LINK)– Teach yourself a new spoken language online.
- COURSERA – Educational website that works with universities to get their courses on the Internet, free for you to use. Learn from over 542 courses.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Learn a new language for free while helping to translate the web.
- edX.org – Free courses designed specifically for interactive study via the web, provided by MIT, Harvard, Barkley, Georgetown, Boston University, University of Washington, Karolinska Institute, Kyoto University and many more.
- iTunes U – Apple’s free app that gives students mobile access to many courses. It offers many free video courses, books, presentations and audio lectures.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Learn to hack life! Tips and tricks for improving all areas of your life.
- Maths & Science – Courses, tests and learning materials about mathematics and science for students from 1 to 12 grade.
- MIT Open CourseWare – Free access to quite a few MIT courses that are on par with what you’d expect from MIT.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Hundreds of free guitar lessons as well as some basic music theory.
(OFFSITE LINK)– The best economics education that money can buy….for free (also look them up on youtube)
- My own business
(OFFSITE LINK)– Offers free online business administration course that would be beneficial to new managers and to anyone who is interested in starting a business.
- No Excuse List – Huge list of websites to learn from.
- Open Learn
(OFFSITE LINK)– Gives you free access to Open University course materials.
- Open Culture – Compendium of free learning resources, including courses, textbooks, and videos/films.
- OpenMooc (OFFSITE LINK)
(OFFSITE LINK)– Open2Study delivers free, high-quality education online. You can study subjects with real value, and in just four weeks you can learn something new, explore the next step in your career, challenge yourself or simply satisfy your curiosity. These subjects are provided by leading Australian institutions, and are taught by academics and leading industry professionals who love to teach. All you need is an internet connection and the desire to study.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Choose from over 10,000 free online classes
(OFFSITE LINK)– A free science library and personal learning tool that currently concentrates on genetic, the study of evolution, variation and the rich complexity of living organisms.
- Shodor – A non-profit research and education organisation dedicated to the advancement of science and math education, specifically trough the use of modeling and simulation technologies. Included in this site are instructional resources, software, interactive lessons, explorations and information about workshops for students, teachers and learners of all ages on mathematics and science. Make sure you check Shodor Interactive – a great collection of interactive math, geometry, fractal, probability, algebra and statistics activities.
- TED – Motivational and educational lectures from noteworthy professionals around the world.
- The University of Reddit – The free university of Reddit.
- UDACITY – Advance your education and career through project-based online classes, mainly focused around computer, data science and mathematics.
- Udemy FREE Courses – hundreds of experts teach on Udemy every month including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, Ivy League professionals and celebrity instructors. Courses include video, live lectures and tools to help teachers interact with students and track their progress. There are many free courses that can teach you business, law, programming, design, mathematics, science, photography, yoga and many more.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Randomly selects an educational video for you to watch.
- Zooniverse – Take part in a huge variety of interesting studies of nature, science, and culture.
- Duke U
(OFFSITE LINK)– Duke offers variety of free courses on iTunesU.
- Kutztown University’s free courses
(OFFSITE LINK)– The Kutztown University of Pennsylvania’s Small Business Development Center offers more than 80 free business courses online. Kutztown’s courses are individualized and self-paced. Many of the courses feature high-end graphics, interactive case studies and audio streams.
- MIT Open Courseware
(OFFSITE LINK)- free college classes online
- Online Classes
Online College Courses
Online Medical Courses
Teacher's Learning Center
(OFFSITE LINK) - online classes for teachers
- TUFTS Open CourseWare – Tufts OpenCourseWare is part of a new educational movement initiated by MIT that provides free access to course content for everyone online. Tufts’ course offerings demonstrate the University’s strength in the life sciences in addition to its multidisciplinary approach, international perspective and underlying ethic of service to its local, national and international communities.
- Open YALE Courses – Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University All lectures were recorded in the Yale College classroom and are available in video, audio, and text transcript formats. Registration is not required
500 Free Online Courses from Top Universities
(OFFSITE LINK)- Open Culture
- Research Tools-Family
online library on the internet
- Google Books-large
collection of online scanned books. Excellent!
books-large collection of scanned books
Bill Gates on State Budgets (OFFSITE LINK) - Gates predicts
a HUGE meltdown in the educational system because of government
- Great Books of the
Western World (OFFSITE) - essential reading
- Book IV.
That the Laws of Education Ought to Be in Relation to the Principles
of Laws, Montesquieu. This is the book upon which the
Founding Fathers wrote our Constitution and established our government
Heritage Foundation: Education Research
A Primer on America's Schools-online book by Terry M. Moe.
Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Education
(OFFSITE LINK)-John Gatto
- "To teach is to learn again."--A Father's Book of Wisdom, H.
- "The greatest ignorance is to reject something you known nothing
about."--A Father's Book of Wisdom, H. Jackson Brown
- "You are the same today that you'll be five years from now except
for two things: the people you meet and the books you read."--Mac
- "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..!"-- Bible,
- "There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action."--Goethe;
Engraved on a plaque at the Naval War College
- "Never let your schooling interfere with your education." (Anonymous)
- If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok,
president of Harvard)
- "Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing
army." (Edward Everett)
- "The only new thing in this world is the history you do not
know" (President Harry S. Truman)
- "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean
to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which
knowledge gives." -- James Madison (Letter to W.T. Barry, August
- "Reason obeys itself; and ignorance does whatever is dictated
to it." -- Thomas Paine, Rights of Man
- "Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate
from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilized
by education; they grow there, firm as weeds among stones." -- Charlotte
- Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse. (Nigerian
- "With the advent of the Internet and the richness of available
information, people can do their own learning now. They no longer
need a 'sage on the stage' as their teacher. Instead, they need
a 'guide on the side' who facilitates their learning and guides
them in their self-study." (Anonymous)
- "I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society
but the people themselves, and if we think them not enlightened
enough to exercise control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy
is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion." --
- "Some students drink at the fountain of knowledge, others just
- "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of
civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas
- "The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is
able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing
superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion
that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable,
and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he
is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among
those who are." -- H. L. Mencken, writing in Smart Set magazine,
George Orwell right?)