Bible Law Index
of the LAWS, STATUTES, and JUDGMENTS of GOD
OT= Old Testament
NT = New Testament
XV. Inheritence Laws
- Israel is God's inheritance
- Sons to inherit father's estate.
- OT=Deut. 21:15-17; I Chron. 5:1-2; 26:10
- Double portion to first born
- Leaving inheritance to only one son prohibited.
- No inheritance to illegitimate children.
- Daughters are heirs when there are no sons.
- When no sons or daughters exist, inheritance goes to next of kin.
- Inheritance not to pass from tribe to tribe.
- Daughters to marry only within own tribe in Israel.
- Childless widow to be married to husband's brother.
- OT=Deut. 25:5-10; Ruth 4:1-12
- Tithes of Israelites are for the inheritance of the Levites.
Go to XVI. Military Laws
Go back to Title Page