Bible Law Index
of the LAWS, STATUTES, and JUDGMENTS of GOD
OT= Old Testament
NT = New Testament
XX. TEMPLE SERVICE
- Priests appointed to Temple service by God.
- Aaron and his son's appointed as the first priests.
- OT=Ex. 27:21; 29:9,44; Ex. 30:30; Num. 3:1-3, 10, 38
- NT=Heb. 5:4
- Perfect geneology required for priests.
- No disabilities allowed in priesthood.
- The proper vestures to be worn by a priest.
- OT=Ex. 28:39-43;
Lev. 6:10-11; 16:4, 23-24; Ez. 44:17-19
- Bathing required before performing priestly duties.
- OT=Ex. 30: 19-21; Lev. 16:4,24
- A priest to marry a virgin.
- A priest not to marry a woman who is divorced,
widowed, or a prostitute.
- OT=Lev. 21:7, 14; Ez. 44:22
- The Levites appointed to the service of the Tabernacle.
- OT=Num. 1:50; 3:6-9, 12;
- Levites to cease the service of the Tabernacle at age 50.
- Duties of the High Priest.
- Keeping charge of the Sanctuary
- OT=Ex. 27:21; Lev. 24:3; Num. 3:38; 18:5
- Make attonement for sin.
- OT=Lev. 14:19, 30-31; 15:15; 16:1-34; II Chron. 29:31
- NT=Heb. 5:1-3; 9:7
- Offer gifts and sacrifices unto the Lord.
- OT=Lev. 1:1-17
- NT=Heb. 5:1; 8:3
- Concecrate the Levites.
- Teach the Law to Israel.
- Bless the people.
- Annoint kings.
- Preside over the courts.
- Bearing the Ark of the Covenant.
Go to XXI. Sacred Observances
Go back to Title Page