Bible Law Index
of the LAWS, STATUTES, and JUDGMENTS of GOD
OT= Old Testament
NT = New Testament
VII. DOMESTIC RELATIONS--Parent and Child
- Children are to honor thier parents.
- OT=Ex.20:12; Lev.19:3; Deut. 5:16; Prov.23:22
- NT=Eph. 6;1-3; Col. 3:20
- Children to care for parents.
- Children to obey parents.
- OT=Gen 28:7; Prov. 6:20
- NT=Eph.6:1; Col. 3:20
- Rebelious children to be punished.
- Children who refuse to obey thier parents.
- OT=Deut. 28:18-21; 27:16; Prv. 30:17
- NT=Rom. 1:28-32
- Children commanded not to smite mother or father.
- Children commanded not to curse mother or father.
- OT= Ex. 21:17; Lev 20:9; Prov. 20:20
- NT=Matt. 15:3-6
- Children not to rob parents.
- Children to be regarded as a gift from God.
- OT=Gen. 33:5; 48:9; Deut. 28:4;
Psalm 127:3; Is. 8:18
- Father to have authority over children.
- Parents to disipline thier children.
- OT=Deut. 8:5; Prov. 3:12; 13:24; 17:18; 19:18; 22:15; 23:13-14;
- NT=Heb. 12:7,11
- Parents to educate thier children.
- OT=Gen. 18:19; Deut. 4:9-10; 6:6-7; 11:18-19; Prov. 1:8; 22:6
- NT=Eph. 6:4; II Tim. 3:14
- Parents to provide for children.
- Parents to arrange marriages.
- Fathers not to be put to death for the sins of their children,
nor children for the sins of thier fathers.
- OT=Deut. 24:16; II Kings 14:6; II Chron. 25:4;
Jer. 31:29-30; Ez. 18:20
Go to VIII. DOMESTIC RELATIONS--Marriage and Divorce
Go back to Title Page