"To steal ideas from
one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research. " Steven Wright
This section provides
an extensive library of research tools for the inquisitive mind in order
to make it easier to discover the truth about virtually any area of
inquiry. The subject areas below are sequenced in alphabetical
order, from left to right and then top to bottom. All of the links
listed are at other sites and none of them are local.
Dictionary -short biographies.
-biographies of historically important Americans.
a database of more than 25,000 biographies.
Center -more than 10,000 biographies.
Who- links from Refdesk.com.
Homework Center Biographies -great links from the Multnomah County
100 -profiles of the 100 people Time magazine has selected
as the most important of the 20th Century.
- Abuzz - ask a
question and people submit answers.
you can ask a question or browse previous answers by category. Experts
are rated by how well they answer questions.
LiveRef(sm) - a listing of libraries that have reference services
online via chat or e-mail.
Ask an Expert - links from Open Directory Project.
- Pitsco's Ask
An Expert - a directory of links to people who have volunteered
their time to answer questions and web pages that provide information.
- Teaching American History Historical Domument Library
- Brainy History
- Early America-excellent
digital archive of the foundations of our country
Post Historic Documents
- National Archives
and Records Administration (NARA)
site that archives the entire digital net. Look at a snapshot
of any website or page over time. Part of Smithsonian Institution
- Family Guardian Forums: Government and legal profession secrecy,
corruption, propaganda, and tax scams-place to read other people's
corruption research. You must join the forums in order to
post. Click on "Register" in the upper right corner
- SEDM Government Corruption Page (OFFSITE LINK) -Sovereignty
Education and Defense Ministry (SEDM)
- Scams and Frauds Page -Family
- It Can't Happen Here (OFFSITE LINK) - Larken Rose
- Corruption is Legal in America (OFFSITE LINK) – Represent.US
- The hidden reason for poverty the world needs to address now-(OFFSITE
LINK) Gary Haugen, TED
- How Big Should Government Be? (OFFSITE LINK) -Prager University
- Liberty Pen: Andrew Napolitano (OFFSITE LINK) – exposition of widespread government corruption
- The Fall of Rome and Modern Parallels (OFFSITE LINK)- Lawrence Reed, Foundation for Economic Education
- The Coming Bankruptcy of the United States (OFFSITE LINKS) – Fox News
- It Can't Happen Here (OFFSITE LINK) - Larken Rose
- The Government Can!
REAL Matrix-fascinating video
- The Story of Your Enslavement-excellent movie by Stefan
Money That is Sold Abroad is YOU-fascinating video
- Government Mafia -excellent analogy, although a little irreverent.
- My battle to expose government corruption (OFFSITE LINK) - Heather Brooke
- Foundations of Freedom, Video 4: Willful Government Deception and Propaganda (OFFSITE LINK)
- Message to the Voting Cattle (OFFSITE LINK) -Larken Rose
- If You Were King (OFFSITE LINK)- Larken Rose
- Top 10 Reasons Why the Mafia is Better than the State (OFFSITE LINK)
- Government Explained (OFFSITE LINK) - Larken Rose
- The Jones Plantation (OFFSITE LINK) - Larken Rose
- The Gospel According to Government (OFFSITE LINK) - Larken Rose
- Withdrawal of Consent -Kurt Kallenback
- Brand New World
Order-video about the new world order
- Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception-excellent
of government information
documents released to the public
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Reports
These sources aggregate news information from multiple sources to make it searchable and downloadable.
- Gallup Organization-current
and past opinion polls.
Interactive -the Harris Poll online lets you search for the polling
information you seek.
- Pew Research
Center-an independent opinion research group that studies public
attitudes toward the press, politics, and public policy issues.
public opinion polls on politics, issues, and the economy.
- Public Agenda
Online -in-depth analyses of public opinion and public policies.
- Khan Academy (OFFSITE LINKS)– Watch thousands of micro-lectures on topics ranging from history and medicine to chemistry and computer science.
- TED Talks (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube science and technology channel
- MIT OpenCourseware (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube science and technology channel
- SciShow (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube science channel
- BigThink (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube philosophy channel
- Big Classes (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube IT training
- How Stuff Works? (OFFSITE LINK)– More scientific lessons and explanations than you could sort through in an entire year.
- Harvard Medical School Open Courseware The mission of the Harvard Medical School Open Courseware Initiative is to exchange knowledge from the Harvard community of scholars to other academic institutions, prospective students, and the general public.
- VideoLectures.NET (OFFSITE LINK)– the title says it all – amazing video lectures on many topics.
SEDM Liberty University -learn about freedom
and Freedom Page - Family Guardian
- Liberty Pen (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube freedom channel
- Learn Liberty (OFFSITE LINK) - Youtube freedom channel
Law (OFFSITE LINK)-Bob Minarik
- Mises (OFFSITE LINK)– The best economics education that money can buy….for free (also look them up on youtube)
- Liberty Classroom (OFFSITE LINK)– Owned by bestselling author Tom Woods. Offers some free courses in history and economics, but at the price of one movie ticket a month you can gain access to a lot of useful information. Not completely free, but totally worth it…
(OFFSITE LINK)- online curricula for certification
Safari Books Online
(OFFSITE LINK)- IT subscriptions learning resources
Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN)
(OFFSITE LINK)- learning tools for
(OFFSITE LINK)-reference resources for IT
Cisco Training and Events
(OFFSITE LINK)- network certification
- Codeacademy – Easy way to learn how to code. It’s interactive, fun and you can do it with your friends.
- Adobe TV
(OFFSITE LINK)- online training for adobe applications
training on computer applications, and especially adobe
(OFFSITE LINK)- learn to create websites
(OFFSITE LINK)- webmaster certification
- Free Computer Books (OFFSITE LINK)– Free computer, mathematics, technical books and lecture notes.
- Layers Magazine (OFFSITE LINK)– Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Premiere Pro, In Design and After Effects tutorials.
- Creative Flow (OFFSITE LINK)– list of OVER 950 Photoshop tutorials to keep your skillset up to date.
- Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)- Wikipedia
- mooc.org (OFFSITE LINK)
- Academic Earth
(OFFSITE LINK)– Free video lectures from the world’s top scholars.31. American Sign Language Browser – Teach yourself sign language online
- ALISON – over 60 million lessons and records 1.2 million unique visitors per month
- BBC Languages
(OFFSITE LINK)– Teach yourself a new spoken language online.
- COURSERA – Educational website that works with universities to get their courses on the Internet, free for you to use. Learn from over 542 courses.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Learn a new language for free while helping to translate the web.
- edX.org (OFFSITE LINK)– Free courses designed specifically for interactive study via the web, provided by MIT, Harvard, Barkley, Georgetown, Boston University, University of Washington, Karolinska Institute, Kyoto University and many more.
- iTunes U (OFFSITE LINK)– Apple’s free app that gives students mobile access to many courses. It offers many free video courses, books, presentations and audio lectures.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Learn to hack life! Tips and tricks for improving all areas of your life.
- Maths & Science (OFFSITE LINK)– Courses, tests and learning materials about mathematics and science for students from 1 to 12 grade.
- MIT Open CourseWare (OFFSITE LINK)– Free access to quite a few MIT courses that are on par with what you’d expect from MIT.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Hundreds of free guitar lessons as well as some basic music theory.
(OFFSITE LINK)– The best economics education that money can buy….for free (also look them up on youtube)
- My own business
(OFFSITE LINK)– Offers free online business administration course that would be beneficial to new managers and to anyone who is interested in starting a business.
- No Excuse List (OFFSITE LINK)– Huge list of websites to learn from.
- Open Learn
(OFFSITE LINK)– Gives you free access to Open University course materials.
- Open Culture (OFFSITE LINK)– Compendium of free learning resources, including courses, textbooks, and videos/films.
- OpenMooc (OFFSITE LINK)
(OFFSITE LINK)– Open2Study delivers free, high-quality education online. You can study subjects with real value, and in just four weeks you can learn something new, explore the next step in your career, challenge yourself or simply satisfy your curiosity. These subjects are provided by leading Australian institutions, and are taught by academics and leading industry professionals who love to teach. All you need is an internet connection and the desire to study.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Choose from over 10,000 free online classes
(OFFSITE LINK)– A free science library and personal learning tool that currently concentrates on genetic, the study of evolution, variation and the rich complexity of living organisms.
- Shodor (OFFSITE LINK)– A non-profit research and education organisation dedicated to the advancement of science and math education, specifically trough the use of modeling and simulation technologies. Included in this site are instructional resources, software, interactive lessons, explorations and information about workshops for students, teachers and learners of all ages on mathematics and science. Make sure you check Shodor Interactive – a great collection of interactive math, geometry, fractal, probability, algebra and statistics activities.
- TED (OFFSITE LINK)– Motivational and educational lectures from noteworthy professionals around the world.
- The University of Reddit (OFFSITE LINK)– The free university of Reddit.
- UDACITY (OFFSITE LINK)– Advance your education and career through project-based online classes, mainly focused around computer, data science and mathematics.
- Udemy FREE Courses (OFFSITE LINK)– hundreds of experts teach on Udemy every month including New York Times best-selling authors, CEOs, Ivy League professionals and celebrity instructors. Courses include video, live lectures and tools to help teachers interact with students and track their progress. There are many free courses that can teach you business, law, programming, design, mathematics, science, photography, yoga and many more.
(OFFSITE LINK)– Randomly selects an educational video for you to watch.
- Zooniverse (OFFSITE LINK)– Take part in a huge variety of interesting studies of nature, science, and culture.
- Duke U
(OFFSITE LINK)– Duke offers variety of free courses on iTunesU.
- Kutztown University’s free courses
(OFFSITE LINK)– The Kutztown University of Pennsylvania’s Small Business Development Center offers more than 80 free business courses online. Kutztown’s courses are individualized and self-paced. Many of the courses feature high-end graphics, interactive case studies and audio streams.
- MIT Open Courseware
(OFFSITE LINK)- free college classes online
- Online Classes
Online College Courses
Online Medical Courses
Teacher's Learning Center
(OFFSITE LINK) - online classes for teachers
- TUFTS Open CourseWare (OFFSITE LINK)– Tufts OpenCourseWare is part of a new educational movement initiated by MIT that provides free access to course content for everyone online. Tufts’ course offerings demonstrate the University’s strength in the life sciences in addition to its multidisciplinary approach, international perspective and underlying ethic of service to its local, national and international communities.
- Open YALE Courses (OFFSITE LINK)– Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University All lectures were recorded in the Yale College classroom and are available in video, audio, and text transcript formats. Registration is not required
500 Free Online Courses from Top Universities
(OFFSITE LINK)- Open Culture
codes, yellow pages, white pgs, etc
for private investigators
up any area code or prefix
- Infospace: White
and Yellow Pages
source of information about addresses and people for very low price
information out about anyone for a fee
Centers for Research & Policy Development - another listing of think
- Brookings Institution
-this non-profit research organization serves as an independent
analyst of public policy issues. Many of its publications are online.
- Cato Institute
-this non-partisan public policy research foundation examines issues
from a libertarian perspective. Many of its publications are online.
- Heritage Foundation
-Heritage is a think tank whose mission is to formulate and promote
conservative public policies. Its site discusses many issues.
Institution -this non-profit focuses mainly on foreign policy. Some
of its publications are online.
- RAND -this
well-known non-profit institute researches various issues and publishes
select papers on the Internet.
Think Tanks-listings of think tanks. From University of Michigan
- Urban Institute
-this is a non-partisan economic and social policy organization.
The site has information on many current topics.